Tuesday 3 April 2012

Well, this month has been a good one in my eyes. There has been a release that I think I have listened to almost every day this month, its huge! Another track I have loved this month is similar to Tiesto’s work but the thing that got me with both these big tracks is the summery feel good melody flowing through the tracks.

Right, let’s get straight in the first track that I will be talking about is Michael S – Broke (Walden Remix) .The melody that enters the track at 47 seconds is one that could compete with Avicii’s levels feel good progressive style; it immediately puts a smile on your face which you find hard to remove until the songs end. Thank god for a replay button. The track has been worked well to create a happy atmosphere with the vocals, and the electro style ‘drops’ seem to work well although the first couple of times hearing this anthem I thought the electro had ruined the track. I would’ve preferred it being simply progressive however I now see how the electro breaks the track up which works very well.

The second release this month is York presents Lifted Emotion - iPhonic (XGenic Remix) which is a mouthful. It is a typical modern trance track but it has some deeper features that give it an edge over any other releases this month. It has an overly long and loud intro (which thankfully is overshadowed by the quality of the rest of the track) but when the first breakdown comes at around 2:20 we get to feel the atmosphere behind the track, however this is soon jumped upon by a nice plucked melody followed by an airy synthesizer. From this point the track builds some heavy electronic tension which climaxes and releases what can only be described as an insanely heavy electronic trance bass which will test the best of speakers. I would listen to this track right now!

The next release from Zouk recording is from the arrogantly named producer Brilliant (after listening to this track you will see why he has gone for that name) Brilliant-Higher is something of a production masterpiece, all the melodic sounds he uses at the beginning synchronize into one another effortlessly. Now I’m not sure whether this track is still within the trance genre boundaries but if it is, it’s close to crossing them, which is good in my eyes as trance as a genre needs to progress as we want it back into the clubs. Brilliant is a big thing for pushing the boundaries and I hope other producers can follow in his footsteps in creating a well balanced set of sub genres in the major genre of trance.

The final track I will be covering is Justin Michael feat Matt Beilis - Too Late Tomorrow because it is absolutely brilliant! I am going to find it hard to describe this track so I do strongly advise everyone should listen to this so you can fall in love with it as I did the first time I heard it. There is not one thing wrong with this track in my opinion and it has been released at a perfect time, just as the spring sun is emerging(feel good trance). The grand piano sound has to be the centre point of the track in producing such a beautiful melody, however this tracks vocals can’t go unnoticed as they simply make the song that much nicer to listen to.

I hope you listen to all these tracks I have mentioned as you will not be disappointed. Check out my Soundcloud page: http://soundcloud.com/voxmagna. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment